Maginhawa Food Fest 2015

Tuesday, December 15, 2015


Ya girl just survived her first ever semester in college! 


I decided to celebrate this ~ very important ~ life event by going on a date with a close friend, Nikki. We've been planning to go out and explore Maginhawa for quite some time, but because of college *cough* those plans didn't push through. Thank the gods that our date FINALLY pushed through!


Me and Nikki decided to wear the comfiest set of clothes (aka as our sleep wear / jogging wear) we could find because we thought we'd look cute and feel comfy since we'd be walking around Maginhawa. 
(Me and my dad were supposed to go jogging before heading to the festival but he woke up late and we got lazy so meh)

 We met up an hour before the festival officially began. Grabbed breakfast with my parentals and explored Maginhawa. The good thing about going early is that the places we want to visit (which are usually full of people) are still empty so we were able to appreciate the places more. 


One of the places we visited is the hidden restaurant, Van Gogh is Bipolar. I've heard about this place but I haven't had the chance to dine in there because you need to make a reservation since the place is always full. 

The place was still close when we dropped by; luckily, the helper, Eman allowed us to enter the tea sanctuary. We talked a bit about the restaurant, the food and drinks they offer. I'd definitely come back to try some of their tea!  


Some of Robert Alejandro's works that were displayed at Van Gogh is Bipolar's Tea Sanctuary

I obviously enjoyed using the swing haha. Thanks Nikki for the photo! 
Another place we visited was the cozy cafe, The Nook. It's a Harry Potter inspired cafe that offers the well - known drink, Butter Beer. The moment me and Nikki spotted the place, we ran inside and immediately ordered 2 orders of Butter Beer. 

Butter Beer yay
During the festival, they had this thing that once you enter the cafe you have to speak in filipino (and only in filipino) and if you speak in a different language (which me and Nikki did a bunch of times HAHAHA) you had to donate a peso. The money they earn will be used to buy christmas gifts for children of a certain Gawad Kalinga community, cute right? 

Me looking cute and confused, kidding! Thanks Nikki for the photo! 
fave spot y'all (a bit scary but all is well)

Goofing around with the staff! #goalz (Of course, Slytherin was missing) 
ya girl is cute 
You can borrow the robes and books they have while you're there! 

I was only allowed to stay until noon since my dad had prior plans. As I was about to leave we bumped into... 


REESE LANSANGAN 
*insert heart eyes emoji here*

I'm a big fan of her art works and recently, her music. The day before the festival, she tweeted that she was going to perform sometime between 12:15 - 1:00, she didn't say where so I was already praying and hoping that I'd be able to find her so that I can meet her and get a copy of her album. I was able to meet her, get a copy of her album, and listen to her sing. 

By the end of the day, my allergies began to act up because I stayed under the sun for quite some time. (I HATE HAVING SENSITIVE SKIN HUHU) But it was all worth it because I got to spend a lot of time with Nikki, I got to explore Maginhawa, and I got to meet Reese! 

That's how I celebrated the end of my first ever term in college! 

All the love, 
P xx

PS: You can read more about Van Gogh is Bipolar here.
PPS: You can read about The Nook Cafe here
PPPS: You can listen to Grammar Nazi (a catchy tune by Reese) here

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I really love this post. Everything looked like so much fun! I have never tried butter beer before, so anything harry potter would have me running towards it. The Philippines is definitely a place I would like to visit. Keep up the good posts!

    thisfashiongirl.com

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe