THANK YOU 2014

Saturday, January 03, 2015


2014 was a crazy year! It's the year where I learned a lot of important lessons and I promised myself that these lessons won't be ignored. "Change is inevitable" and somewhere in 2014 I was able to prove that to myself. People come and go, I am very thankful for the once who stayed with me. As time goes by, I learned to stay away from people who were "toxic" and treasured the ones that stayed. Can't wait to see what 2015 has in store for me, hopefully more of the good stuff. Anyway, here's a list of the important things I learned in 2014. 

Change is inevitable
- "gasgas na yan beh" / Pretty sure you heard the word "inevitable" a lot of times during 2014 and we can all thank TFIOS for that. 2014 went by pretty fast that I barely noticed the changes that happened to me. But looking back, I'd say I changed a lot. Some good, some bad but hey! I'm pretty sure I'll be better by the end of the year. 

You can cry all you want, just make sure you come back
- There are days where you just think that you've reached rock bottom. It's just good to lie in bed, cry, eat a lot of ice cream, cry again, listen to good music and sleep (or you can also watch some good movies or some series). Don't force yourself to work or do homework (you would probably regret doing this but I swear this is a good idea), just promise yourself that you won't mope around and that you'll do better. 

STOP OVERTHINKING!!!! 
- Overthinking kills and will stop you from doing what you really want to do. Distract yourself and prove to yourself that you can do it! (yaaay) 

No regrets - take it or leave it
- This is something I managed to live out. I remembered a cousin of mine telling me "You're in Manila!!! Anything is possible here." but 9 (or 10) year old me just ignored it. A lot of opportunities are out there, if you want to do something go do it! You'll end up having "what ifs" if you don't do it. Live a little okay? 

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Great post Pia! I've made a set of my 2014 lessons too. :)

    Sammie
    sammiethestargirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe