Maleficent / Movie Review

Sunday, June 01, 2014


Maleficent is one of the disney villains that caught my attention even way before. I loved the way her character introduced herself in the cartoon version of Sleeping Beauty. Her black and violet robe, black cane, raven and green smoke that surrounded her made me curious about her. Her character was evil and mysterious which made me love her even more. Fast forward, the moment they announced that Angelina Jolie will be playing the role of Maleficent in the film made me more excited about the film. Angelina Jolie is an amazing actress (no doubt about that). I looked forward to how she would bring Maleficent to life. 



The movie begins with Maleficent as a kid. A young brave fairy who in the latter part of the movie became the protector of her home. She fell in love with a human named Stefan who later betrayed her because of his selfish ambitions. The once positive and happy fairy disappeared. The Maleficent (I love) has finally arrived, dressed in a black robe the evil side of Maleficent was finally revealed. It would have been nice if they made the evil side of Maleficent last a little bit longer. They didn't give that much time for the evil side of Maleficent show. I love the way Angelina acted during the christening of Aurora. The way she casted her spell over the princess was beautiful, you can feel the evil & bitterness over her voice. Another favorite is Angelina's scene with her adorable daughter Vivienne. I expected the movie to show and emphasize why she decided to go from good Maleficent to evil Maleficent then back to good (sorry for the spoiler haha) Maleficent. I love the evil side of Maleficent and the film would have been lovelier if they showed more of Maleficent's evil side. I'm kinda disappointed with the movie because 1) I wanted it to focus more on Maleficent's evil side 2) the ending. I'm a big fan of sad endings, I expected the movie to end on a dark note but sadly it didn't. Angelina Jolie did a good job in bringing Maleficent to life. I love the way she portrayed the evil Maleficent (I really love the evil side of Maleficent thus the frequent mention of the said side in this blog post) and how she showed the good side of the evil Maleficent; kudos to Angelina! Kudos also to Elle Fanning for being a lovely Aurora. I'm giving this movie a 3.5/5 ♡


Since I'm done watching Maleficent I'm now looking forward to The Fault In Our Stars, If I Stay and Mockingjay part I. I'm a big fan of the books and I can't wait to see them on the big screen! I hope they will reach or exceed my expectations.  


P.S: I have 8 days of summer left and I'm not yet ready for school :-( my blog is still under construction (due to my oc-ness). I'm removing and adding some parts (like blog swaps and a better bio hahaha) and hopefully I get all of that done before school starts :-) 

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I completely agree with you review on malifecent! I've already seen TFIOS and it was great. :) Can't wait for If I Stay and Mockingjay part 1 as well. Really enjoy your blog! Hope you can check out mine and join my site. :) xx

    Sammie
    sammiethestargirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe